Re: XForms: Problems with Multiline Input Object

vsexton (vsexton@sirinet.net)
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 20:47:27 -0500

More often than not, a core dump results from a pointer being 'stepped on'. Either you have used more space
than you allocated for an array (or pointer to a block of memory), or you have neglected to allocate it. If
the text is showing up in the multiline input, then backtrack from there to all your pointers. If it is not
showing up in your multiline input, then you have a leak elsewhere, and you need to find where your code is
going when you are typing. If you do not have a good debugger, well-placed output statements will get you in
the right area. But you first must know where _in_the_code_ your program is bombing off. The visual clues
from any gui can be very misleading. The problem may have occurred elsewhere, and is being aggravated by
your input box.