Re: XForms: xyplot limit

T.C. Zhao (tc_zhao@yahoo.com)
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:32:33 -0700 (PDT)

I think the problem might not be the limitation
on the number of points. Rather, the limit is
on the xy values. If I remember correctly
(I am at siggraph, and can't look it up), the
points are represented by unsigned shorts. If your
plots are somewhat linearly scaled, by point number
64k, x or y will wrap around and xforms clips these
points.

---moini@eleceng.adelaide.edu.au wrote:

> # To subscribers of the xforms list from
moini@eleceng.adelaide.edu.au :

> Two problems:
> -------------------------
> Is there a limit to the number of points that can be shown in an
xyplot?
> I have a large plot with more than "65536" points. At each time only
65536
> points are drawn on the screen. I looked at the XDrawLines and
> fl_add_xyplot_overlay, and both specify the length to be "int", but
there
> seems to be a 16-bit limit somewhere else in the code.
> -------------------------
> There is also another undesired effect in xyplot, in which whenever
the
> points fall out of the plot boundary the line joining them with an
inside
> line is not drawn.

> | |
> ^ | | ^