Re: RV: XForms: Changing fonts

T.C. Zhao (tc_zhao@yahoo.com)
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 18:51:34 -0700 (PDT)

there are two functions designed specifically for font
size variation compensation: fl_adjust_form_size()
and fl_fit_object_label(). Also by making form/object
size absolute, e.g., point, mm etc., should help.

<vsexton@sirinet.net> :

> The Solaris platforms have a different definition for some of their
default font sizes. By using the default font size on Solaris, I get
small text when viewed on
> that platform. If I view it remotely from an SGI IRIX platform,
however, I get HUGE letters, and labels that over-run the buttons.
The button sizes are not much
> different, if at all. Sound like what you see? Try telling it the
font style and size to use rather than the default. (What is really
noticeable are single-line
> text boxes. If the letters are larger than the box, the characters
disappear entirely! You can type into an input box, but nothing is
displayed. They are there, as
> will be verified by hitting return, or activating the callback.)
You may have to play around a little till you get it right though.
Try a common font, like Times New
> Roman for best results. Some uncommon fonts don't do as well.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Veronica Sexton
>

> Roberto Thersn wrote:
>
> > > I have been making an editor with Xforms under Solaris, all my
forms are
> > > already done with the proper look. Recently I have started to
work with a
> > > PC and get connected with Exceed to the workstation. So, when I
run the
> > > program all the text labels are displayed much bigger and the
result is an
> > > ugly interface.
> >
> > > When I run Form Designer it looks the same way it does without
the Exceed
> > > connection, but my forms doesn't.
> >
> > You can get some control over this by using absolute dimensions
rather than pixels to define your forms. Rebuild your forms using the
-unit cmm option to fdesign.
> > Dick
> >
> > I think it won't be enough, because the problem is not only the
size.

> > There are some simbols like the acute that I can see when I work
in the workstation but I can't when I use Exceed.