Re: RV: XForms: Changing fonts

vsexton (vsexton@sirinet.net)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 13:51:50 -0500

T.C. Zhao wrote:

> there are two functions designed specifically for font
> size variation compensation: fl_adjust_form_size()
> and fl_fit_object_label(). Also by making form/object
> size absolute, e.g., point, mm etc., should help.

This works well when porting the code from one platform to another. However,
when running it on one system and DISPLAYING it remotely on another, it
doesn't always compensate correctly. The program I mentioned uses the above
calls (both of them) since I do port my program from one platform to another.
But when I run it, say on a Sun Sparc running Solaris 2.x.y, and display it on
an SGI running IRIX 5.3, the font is considerably larger. I do not in this
particular program set the font I am using, but I have corrected the problem
in other programs by setting the font, particularly the style (or family). I
believe I read about this as a possible problem in the Xlib Manuals by
O'Reilly.

Veronica