Re: XForms: Show a BMP picture in Xwindow

Tano Fotang (fotang@yahoo.com)
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 12:07:08 -0700 (PDT)

You need to create an XImage, then use XPutImage
to display it. Atleast i use that approach
to display GIFs on an xforms canvas.
How to make an XImage from a BMP? see source code
for xloadimage (some releases are called xli). Cut-n-paste..
==~~== fotang.

---Saulo Popov Zambiasi <saulopz@cco.matrix.com.br> wrote:

> # To subscribers of the xforms list from Saulo Popov Zambiasi
<saulopz@cco.matrix.com.br> :

> Hi all, I'm beginner with Xwindow programming.
> I'm work with BMP in Xwindow, I build the library to read/write
> BMP file format, but now I need show it in X screen. As I don't know
how
> do in Xwindow, I was thinkking in a function that display a pixel in
> screen and to use a loopping in this function to show all picture.
> Example:
> ________________________
> imageidx = 0;
> for (column=0; column<width; column++){
> for(line=0; y<line; line++){
> X_put_pixel_in_screen(column, line, image->red, image->gren,
image->blue);
> imageidx++;
> }
> }
> Can you understand me? I will be very happy if anywhere can help
me...

> Thanks...

==
signa-what??sure. A friend with weed is a friend indeed.