Re: XForms: another thing...

T.C. Zhao (Helmut.Bohr@t-online.de)
17 Sep 1998 17:05:05 +0200

To: xforms@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil
Sender: owner-xforms@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil

<amit@cs.dal.ca> :

> I was looking at my code for something else that would cause my crazy
> memory error.. and I noticed something: Why is it necessary(?) to call
> fl_create_form_xx() everytime you want to display a form after it
has been
> hidden with fl_hide_form?
It is not necessary.

>If you don't call fl_crete_form_xx before you
> fl_show the form I get:
>
> X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range
for
> operation)
> Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
> Value in failed request: 0x0
> Serial number of failed request: 2368
> Current serial number in output stream: 2379
Well, once you corrupted the memory or trashed the stack,
anything can happen. By doing things you do not have to to
make the problem go away, the problem will show up somewhere
else. Try to get a debugging version of the malloc family,
or write a quick'n dirty one yourself, you'll save a lot of
time, not only for this application, but for applications to come.

Helmut Bohr                                        Helmut.Bohr@T-Online.de
						   hbohr@dvo.de