Re: XForms: Wierd Seg Fault..

AMIT BHATNAGAR (Helmut.Bohr@t-online.de)
17 Sep 1998 17:05:01 +0200

Sender: owner-xforms@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Steve Lamont wrote:

> > chunk_alloc (ar_ptr=0x401cb8a0, nb=112) at malloc.c:2612
> > malloc.c:2612: No such file or directory.
>
> It sounds as if you're walking on something in memory -- perhaps
> freeing a pointer twice or overstepping an array boundary.
>
> You may want to get and install a good memory debugging library, such
> as dbmalloc.

well I had dmalloc (not the same as dbmalloc?) and I installed it and
linked the library to my file. Now, the error does not happen. There is no
segfault, and I hadn't changed the code what so ever. howver, if I remove
the linking in of the dmalloc lib, she fails at the same point.

Does this mean that dmalloc is handling the memory in a different way? I
am still stumped. Why would dmalloc let it run when it will segfault
without it.

Dmalloc didn't realy help me find my error because there was no error once
I used it! Any suggestions?

Helmut Bohr                                        Helmut.Bohr@T-Online.de
						   hbohr@dvo.de