RE: XForms: another thing...

AMIT BHATNAGAR (amit@cs.dal.ca)
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 14:20:53 -0300 (ADT)

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Danny G. Holstein wrote:

> On 17-Sep-98 AMIT BHATNAGAR wrote:
> >

> >I was looking at my code for something else that would cause my crazy
> >memory error.. and I noticed something: Why is it necessary(?) to call
> >fl_create_form_xx() everytime you want to display a form after it has been
> >hidden with fl_hide_form? If you don't call fl_crete_form_xx before you
> >fl_show the form I get:

> Whoa! That's your problem!
> You should have a call to fl_show_form(...). It makes perfect sense that malloc
> would puke when you create the same form over and over again. When you use
> fl_hide_form you need to use fl_show_form to bring it back, if you're going to
> use fl_create_form you need to fl_free_form on that object before you create it
> with the same name.

ooh ..sorry,.I think I didn't explain my self good. I -do- call
fl_show_form(...) every time I need a form to be displayed. But unless I
create it again, I get that above mention Xforms error..

Also... my most of my forms have input boxes.. and when you hide the form,
and then show it again.. the contents of the input boxes are empty (if
they had been inputted). Is there any way around this? This forces me to
store all of the information on the form to a data struct before I hide
and show the next form...