Re: XForms: Xforms and Perl

Martin Bartlett (martin@nitram.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:53:42 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

Absolutely - says the author (C'est moi!)

The current version, Xforms4Perl 0.8.4, works with the current version of
Xforms (0.88) and supports almost all the 0.88 API. There are a bunch of
samples - simple ones derived from the Xforms samples and a few more
complex ones. It was developed on Linux but has been used succssfully on a
number of Unixes (or Unices... or *NIXs .. or whatever the plural is - BTW
I propose a collective for Unix - 'An Antigates of Unixes').

Anyway, its available from a CPAN site near you under my Authors directory
as Xforms4Perl-0.8.4--2.* or Xforms4Perl-0.8.4-2.* (both are valid) as
rpms for Linux or a tgz for others. A sample URL for such a place is:

ftp://ftp.demon.co.uk/pub/mirrors/perl/CPAN/modules/by-authors/Martin_Bartlett/

I am always looking for comments and suggestions and am available by
e-mail to help with installation and usage problems.

In fairness to others, Perl has a number of GUI possibilities that can be
followed up from the perl home page (look at the CPAN links), and Xforms
has a couple of other language mappings (such a python).

Martin

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, AMIT BHATNAGAR wrote:

> In the xforms manual, it mentions something about a Perl binding. Can
> anyone tell me a bit more information on this? Do we have the ability to
> give a perl program/script a gui interface?

_/ _/_/ _/_/_/_/ Martin John Bartlett
_/ _/ _/ _/ (martin@nitram.demon.co.uk)
_/
_/ _/