Re: XForms: xyplot problem

moini@eleceng.adelaide.edu.au
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 11:41:31 +0930 (CST)

I forgot to say all this
It crashed all our Sun boxes from Sun4 to Sol2.6 running both
/usr/openwin/bin/Xsun and the MIT Xsun. It is a consistent bug.
All machines are loaded with X11R6 and Xforms0.88.

Crashing a server is not really difficult, as long as the application has
access to the guts of the server.

I think the problem with the xyplot is that when the data points go out of
the window and it tries to map the "float" data to "short" values, it somehow
overflows onto the server code and brings it down.

Even if the crash is a server problem, the many lines appearing in the
xyplot are the xyplot problem.

Ali