Re: XForms: Bar charts - Y axis labels

ian (ian@eonsw.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 13:03:16 +0100 (BST)

On 27-Sep-98 T.C. Zhao wrote:

> At the moment, no. It might be possible in the next release.
> If your app. really calls for y-tics on a bar chart,
> you might want to use xyplot with impulse plot (with
> a very thick line).

Thanks for this tip. I got it to work with several other advantages. It seems
that the xyplot is generally more advanced that the chart object.

However I hit several problems that I managed to code around. FYI here they are:

1. If a impulse plot line is made very wide, the first line (at the Y axis) is
only half the correct width.

2. You cannot change the colour of individual lines

3. A point with an y coord of zero (i.e. a zero length line) does, in fact
display a very short line. In other words you can't have a missing line,

--
Ian

Ian Leonard

eMail: ian@eonsw.demon.co.uk Phone Fax: +44 (0)1865 434757 Fax: +44 (0)1865 434758 19 Stapleton Road Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LX, UK

Please ignore spelling and punctuation - I did. _________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe" to xforms-request@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil or see http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/xforms.html XForms Home Page: http://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/xforms List Archive: http://bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/