Re: XForms: Canvases and positioners...

Joao Filipe Ferreira (jfilipe@alumni.dee.uc.pt)
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:15:45 +0000 (WET)

On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Steve Lamont wrote:

> > I want to put an XOR (overlay) positioner on top of my canvas - on
> > fdesign it works, but not on "real life". I've tried it with buttons, for
> > example, and everything works great!
> >
> > What should I do?
>
> Provide more details on what happens or doesn't happen, for starters.

What I mean is nothing happens! It's as if there wasn't a positioner
there, and I've even tried fl_show_object after I show the form just
in case - not even the crosshair shows. I went to sleep last night (remember
- I live in Portugal...) having second thoughts about using the canvas for
my magnified images - perhaps I would be better off using a pixmap...
Anyhow, I would like to know what's happening.

Thanks for you info on the fl_get_canvas_id versus FL_ObjWin affair - I
was begining to think as much, since when I outputed the Window value on
stdout it came out different for both cases. The thing is, what I don't
quite understand is why fl_get_canvas_id just stopped working right
after I used FL_ObjWin on setting the square cursor (remember? :) ) for
the canvases (I hope this plural is right...). I would imagine that the
worst that could happen, using what I know from what you said, would be
the cursor being associated, not to the canvas, but to the form the canvas
would be in...

"Welcome to the Twilight Zone",
JFC