Re: XForms: XL_ObjWin

Joao Filipe Ferreira (jfilipe@alumni.dee.uc.pt)
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:08:55 +0000 (WET)

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Trent Piepho wrote:

> If the original poster is getting BadDrawable errors on th XCreatePixmap call,
> prehaps FL_ObjWin() is being called before the form is shown?

No, it isn't, Trent. You see, the point is the user must click on an area
of the form where the original images are and then the magnified version
appears on the "xfmag" form, which is already on screen, with no Pixmap
on the Pixmap objects for starters. Imagine a multiple window/form
application with all the forms visible and running.

> > To get the XID of the Canvas use the function fl_get_canvas_id().
>
> This is from the online manual:
>
> To obtain the window ID of a canvas, use the following routine
>
> Window fl_get_canvas_id(FL_OBJECT *ob)
>
> or use the generic function(macro) (recommended)
>
> Window FL_ObjWin(FL_OBJECT *ob)
>
> So it seems that using FL_ObjWin() is the recommended way of getting the window
> ID of a canvas.

That is not only what is on the online manual but also on the PostScript
printed manual I now own. On the latter there is even this remark later
on:

"To summarize, use FL_ObjWin(ob) when drawing and use
fl_get_real_object_window() for cursor or pointer routines. This
distinction is important only while handling FL_DRAW and FL_ObjWin(ob)
should be used anywhere else."

Glad to see that you understood what I meant, and that, fortunately, I do
have someone on my side... :)

Thanks,
JFC