Re: XForms: hiding part of a form

Trent Piepho (xyzzy@u.washington.edu)
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:15:00 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Carolyn Heineken wrote:

> I need to build a form such that the user can click a button to hide
> half of the form (not just the objects but actually make the form appear
>
> smaller) and then click again to show the full form. The only way I can
> think of to do this is with two seperate forms. Does anyone have any
> suggestions for a better way?

I've done this with xforms. What I did was change the form's size with
fl_set_form_size(). I also hid the objects that were now no longer in the
window. You need to set the resize for objects to none, and make the gravity
northwest. This means that the user can't resize the form window by hand,
which is somewhat of a drawback.

If there are mailling list archives, you could check them. I talked about
this before, and I sent a tiny demo program to the list which does this.

I wanted some way to resize the form window without triggering object
resizing, but it seems this can't be done.