Re: XForms: INSTALLATION PROBLEM WITH XFORMS ON SOLARIS 2.6

Eef Hartman (hartman@math.tudelft.nl)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 08:46:28 +0100 (MET)

In a message to me Steve Lamont wrote:
> Obviously you need libforms.a and/or libforms.so, depending upon
> whether you want to link the static or dynamic version. You will also
> need libXpm.a and/or libXpm.so. The standard installation Makefile

Steve,
not to correct an "authority" like you, but as far as I understand it,
libXpm.so is contained WITHIN libforms.so, so you don't need to install
it separately. Only the static libs are separate.

At least, in my Linux program there is NO reference to LibXpm, only to
libforms.so.0.88
libX11.so.6
libXext.so.6
libm.so.5