Re: XForms: overlay &pop-menus &dialogs

T.C. Zhao (tc_zhao@yahoo.com)
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 21:21:48 -0800 (PST)

Couple of things. Responding to expose/redraw event is
a way of life under any kind of windowing systems.
That said, xforms tries to reduce the occurance of
redraws by using BackingStore and SaveUnder for popup
and transient dialogs, unfortunately it's being my experience
that in general these attempts have no effect on OpenGL windows.
This means unless you do all the GUI stuff using overlay,
it's probably difficult to avoid these redraws. One thing
you may want to try is to implement backing store yourself
by drawing stuff into a pixmap/glpixmap, and respond to
redraws by copying the pixmap to window. This would be
effective if drawing is complex.

---Federico buldin <fjbuldin@hotmail.com> wrote:

> # To subscribers of the xforms list from "Federico buldin"
<fjbuldin@hotmail.com> :

> Hi there
> I still beginner with this stuff and I am working with XForms &
OpenGL.