Re: XForms: Segmentation Faults with C++

Thomas Thiel (wolfchild@home.ivm.de)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 14:46:34

Hi !

At 11:00 25.02.1999 +0000, you wrote:

>> // fl_set_object_callback(DoTurn,&DoTurnCallback,0);

>Probably not your problem, but this will never work. You can't give for a
>callback a member function, since in order to execute a member function
>you need an object + a function, and C code (i.e. XForms) cannot provide
>the object. There are a number of workarounds to this, but you should
>first try to see where the code you sent us goes bang and solve this
>later.

Yeah, I know understand what you said. As i wrote this code I thought i
could handle the function call from inside the class just like global
function. I was corrected by gcc, who gave me enlightment in this
question.... :)
But I am interested in the workarounds you mentioned ! Would you please
show me one or two of these ?

___

Greetz,

---> Lord Wolfchild <---