Re: XForms: What do I do next?

Steve Lamont (spl@szechuan.ucsd.edu)
Fri, 19 Mar 99 20:30:00 PST

> I have some simple documentation on make, and I've read it cursorily,
> but I still don't see why I had to run make on a binary like
> bxforms-glibc. I thought binaries were just ready-to-go, as long as I
> dropped them in the right directory. What part of the big picture am I
> not getting? ...

There's not any special reason that `make' should necessarily be used
-- I think it was just convenient to use it. Most source
distributions use a `make install' step so this seems fairly logical.
It could have also been done with a shell script, I suppose, or just
explicit instructions.

> Also, where are all the messages for this mailing list? I have only
> received messages on the thread I started.

This has been a pretty low traffic list lately. Only a handful of
messages a week.

spl