XForms: file selector enhancement suggestion

Tristan Savatier (tristan@mpegtv.com)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:02:24 -0700

Joseph Elwell wrote:

> It would be cool if I could type in more than one pattern for opening
> files. I can do *.mp*g which covers .mpg and .mpeg , but not .MPEG. So
> if I could type in a string of patterns: like "*.mpg, *.mpeg, *.MPG,
> ..." or if it the pattern could be case insensitive.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the Xforms file selector
goody. Currently you can enter only ONE pattern. ACtually
it is the same with the standard Motif file selector.

It would be nice if the file selector could accept
regular expressions. Then you could enter:
*.(mpg|mpeg|MPG)

-t