Re: XForms: Full screen question

Michael Glickman (michg@alphalink.com.au)
Wed, 05 May 1999 23:08:39 +1000

> Greetings
> I am builiding an app that needs to be fullscreen. When I do
> fl_show_form with the FL_PLACE_FULLSCREEN parameter (and also the
> FL_NOBORDER parameter but this parameter doesn't change the problem) the
> window is offset to the right by several pixels (maybe 10). Is this a bug or
> some problem I am creating? Note I am running on a recent Slackware Linux
> with an svga card.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

As far, as I know full screen mode (in sence: no windowing, send output
directly to
screen) is not supported by XFree86 .

Apparently I see two ways to get the full screen effect:

- Use root window (X11 macro RootWindow gives a pointer to it). In thois case,

you can hardly use XForms library .

- Get screen size with DisplayWidth and DisplayHeight, and use it in
fl_set_form_geometry
before fl_show_form. This is the pattern:

Display *disp;
FL_FORM *form;
FL_Coord ScreenW, ScreenH;

ScreenW = DisplayWidth(fl_display, fl_screen);
ScreenH = DisplayHeight(fl_display, fl_screen);

fl_set_form_geometry(form 0, 0, ScreenW, ScreenH);

fl_show_form (form, FL_PLACE_GEOMETRY, FL_NOBORDER, "Title");

Honestly, I haven't tested it. You may have troubles with pager or task bar
obscuring some parts of the form. Anyway, I hope it will help you.

Michael

  --------------E606CA326885756CA0291068-- _________________________________________________ To unsubscribe, send the message "unsubscribe" to xforms-request@bob.usuhs.mil or see http://bob.usuhs.mil/mailserv/xforms.html XForms Home Page: http://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/xforms List Archive: http://bob.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/