Re: XForms: fdesign problem

T.C. Zhao (tc_zhao@yahoo.com)
Sat, 29 May 1999 08:48:23 -0700 (PDT)

--- Dirk Evers <dirk@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> # To subscribers of the xforms list from Dirk Evers
> <dirk@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> :
>
> Hi,
>
> encouraged by my previous success ;-):
>
> Here is another bug(s) in fdesign I noticed...
> Slider preferences are strangly updated.
>
> 1. Observation: Changed values that are not acknowledged by RETURN or
> focus
> change, etc. are forgotten.

This was a general problem for input handling in xforms in v0.88.
Now whenever a form is being hidden or clicked on
the current focused input object is sent an FL_UNFOCUS event.
This means that FL_RETURN_END_CHANGED should behave correctly.
v0.89 will have this fix.

> 2. Observation: After having tested a form in fdesign the initial
> slider value
> is sometimes changed. I can't really pin this one
> down more
> precisely, sorry.
Haven't seen this one, then again I haven't been looking too closely.
Will pay more attention when doing the releasing test.

> Sliderbar sometimes doubles when you click into the slider when it is
> initially displayed. Might have to do with setting of slider
> parameters vs.
> slider update vs. user interaction. The "fata morgana" sliderbar
> vanishes
> the moment you drag with the mouse.
Remember fixing some problems with setting slider values a while ago.
Do you see it in v0.88.9 ?