RE: XForms: XForms and the source

T.C. Zhao (tc_zhao@yahoo.com)
Sat, 29 May 1999 09:21:32 -0700 (PDT)

--- Steve Lamont <spl@szechuan.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Lamont) :
>
> In any case, TC and I discussed this matter a bit when we met in
> Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, last year at Viz `98. I know
> that TC's work load on his real job is precluding taking XForms as
> far
> as many of us would like it and some changes in the licensing will
> probably be made for the good of the package and the community of
> users. Whether this will take the form of Open Source [tm], GPL, or
> what, I'm not in a position to say at the moment.

Maybe you'll be soon ? :-). Anyway, thanks for sharing what we have
discussed with everyone. I do wish I had more time answering this
kind of question and work more on xforms, but I have to make
a living with a real job that demands long hours. (in case
anyone is wondering, I work for Mitsubishi Electric, and
we are making volume rendering hardware, real cool stuff.
http://www.3dvolumegraphics.com).

To clarify the situation a bit more, xforms will be open source,
probably with v1.0. Exact terms of license is still undecided.
However, it will not be GPL, which I am sure of.