XForms: Re: linux/glibc2

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes (Jean-Marc.Lasgouttes@inria.fr)
Mon, 31 May 1999 11:33:13 +0200 (MET DST)

TC> Looked into the reports of xforms problems with RedHat 6.0 and
TC> found glibc2 breaks previous glibc apps. It looks like whenever
TC> vsprintf (and maybe other similar functions) is used, a coredump
TC> results.

TC> A version of xforms compiled again glibc2 (libc2.2.1) was made and
TC> is now available from

TC, a small naming problem: if you compiled with redhat 6.0, then it
is compiled against glibc2.1 (aka libc6.1). Redhat 5.2 uses glibc2
(aka libc6). Earlier versions used libc5, which is based on glibc1,
but is not quite like it.

So, I think that you should rename your distributions to something
more meaningful, like
bxform-088-glibc2.tgz
bxform-088-glibc2.1.tgz
or anything else you find meaningful. The names you chose now are
confusing...

JMarc