Re: XForms: v0.89 and welcome Steve Lamont

Stephen Huyssoon (huyssoons@advancia.com)
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:16:32 -0500

T.C. Zhao wrote:

> V0.89 is finally ready. In the next a couple of weeks,
> versions for all platforms will be made.
>
> I'd like also to announce that Steve Lamont, to whom many of
> us owe a debt, agreed to contribute to the xforms developement
> effort. In time, he'll be the main custodian of xforms, and
> lead the overall developement effort of xforms.
>
> Considering the stability of xforms API, Steve and I also
> discussed (last year at Vis'98!) about making xforms open source.
> No time table yet, but the swich probably will happen later this year.

Woo HOO!

Then I can enable multiple display capability and use XForms in my
project for my migratable windows.

Really, a multi headed X server with one big (virtual) root window seems
best, but that money I would have to argue for..

> That's all, folks.
>
> -TC

  (Stephen Huyssoon)
  (huyssoons@advancia.com)                www.advancia.com

To Infinity and Beyond! -- Me and Buzz Lightyear

The Truth cannot be proven nor disproven, it simply Is.

Derick's Writ of Habeas Corpus: Ok, back on your heads!