RE: XForms: Another pb with xforms on IRIX 6.5

Michael Glickman (michaelg@linx.com.au)
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:50:27 +1000

Hello, Stéphane

Typically, this error (BadDrawable etc.) happens when a command
is sent to a window that
does not exist. I guess you have a 'synchronisation problem' -
some calls are addressed
to a form after is has been dismissed.

Your logic can be quite complicated, but here is as simple
patch: once you close the window
(fl_hide_form, or so), set the related form->window to None. In
all places, where you pontentially
can refer to a non-existing window, involve check for None.
Doesn't look quite nice? To me either.

But if you could find the exact place that causes the error, it
would help enormously.
Run the program with gdb. If you are lucky enough to get it
crashed, it will refer to a XForms
place, but with gdb 'bt' command, you can trace the calls, and
see which instruction in your
code was upsetting.

About raising windows. XForms provides a set of commands
(fl_set_active_form, fl_winset) that
may help. If this doesn't help, try X-commands: XRaiseWindow
or XLowerWindow - these will work for sure.

Michael