Re: XForms: slow xforms

Bernhard Rumpler (rumpler@eunet.at)
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:40:14 +0200

Steve Lamont wrote:

> How much data are you trying to load and over what kind of network?
> Are the pixmaps on a server which is distant from the client?

about 60 pixmaps of about 400Bytes each, the pixmaps are stored locally,
we do not use the network to transfer the pixmaps.

> Are you
> using Xpm pixmaps?

Yes.

The problem does not occur, when we create a version of our program
which does not contain any (user-level) threads ('tasks' in Ada-terms),
so the amount of data doesn't seem to be the problem.

I heard that X and the forms-library are not 'thread-safe'. Are there
any known solutions (except avoiding multiple threads)?

thanks,
Bernhard

--
Bernhard Rumpler  <mailto:rumpler@eunet.at>