Re: XForms: slow xforms

Bernhard Rumpler (rumpler@eunet.at)
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:09:30 +0200

Steve Lamont wrote:

> You can have multiple threads but only
> one thread can communicate with the X server or make XForms/Xlib calls.

Our additional threads don't communicate with the X server, only the
main thread.

> However, I'm not sure that all of this is related to your problem. Are
> you certain it's the loading of the pixmaps which is causing the big
> slowdown?

Not only the loading of pixmaps, the whole program runs extremely slow,
e.g. if I select a line of a browser it takes several seconds until I
get the data (fl_get_browser_line), or showing forms, even initializing
takes much longer. But the pixmaps are worst (as it takes 3 minutes
create them).

> Are you using any sort of locking mechanism that might be
> blocking the loads unnecessarily?

No. This doesn't seem to be the problem.

Bernhard Rumpler