Re: XForms: fl_set_object_helper() behaviour

T.C. Zhao (tc_zhao@yahoo.com)
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 19:46:03 -0800 (PST)

Sorry for replying late. Have been travelling lately.

--- "j.w.c.a. lokin" <lokin@signaal.nl> wrote:
> On the subject of the tips, and since you ask for suggestions:
>
> - Could you consider an interface for disabling/enabling tips
> at the form or application level.
This could be handy.

> - In the vein of the preceding discussion, I can imagine a use
> for tips with non-control objects, e.g text. My application
> uses text for various readouts, and it would be handy to use
> a tip for some additional info on the value displayed.
Good idea.

> - I have noticed that the text in the tip box is centered. My
> personal preference would be to have it left aligned.
Centered display indeed sometime does not look right. A function
will be provided to change the alignment.

> - It would also be nice to be able to constrain the width of the
> tip box and have some basic word wrapping.
Contraints I think are good. Word wrapping I'd rather leave to the
application.

> - My Sparc/Solaris 2.6 box (with olvwm) has problems with tips at
> the very bottom of the screen. It seems that two competing
> mechanisms are trying very hard to both get their own way in
> where they want the tip displayed, resulting in heavy flicker
> and little readability.
I'll look into this.