Re: XForms: Printing and Fonts

From: Steve Lamont (spl@szechuan.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 17:21:13 EST

    > 1. Printing. ...
    > ... My question is then: What is the best way to
    > generate a file (postscript, hopefully) which can be saved or sent
    > directly to the printer? Is there a device context in Xforms that I've
    > missed which can do this? Or do I have to learn to speak postscript?

    fl_object_ps_dump() may be of use.

    I've also written some functions which will produce Postscript graphs
    from xyplot-like input data. There are a couple of things that might
    be needed to generalize them completely, but if you want them as a
    starting point, you're welcome to them. Say the word and I'll
    scrounge them up.

    > 2. Fonts. ...
    > ... What
    > we would like to do is have the fonts automatically be adjusted for the
    > given window/screen size. Is this possible using Xforms? Also, would
    > that technique follow over into window resizing? (We've got an
    > algorithm which sizes the fonts by a percentage based on screen size,
    > but we want to automate this for maintainence when we get new devices).

    You can get the screen size with some Xlib macro calls --
    WidthOfScreen() and HeightOfScreen() -- they willl cough up the
    resolution of the screen.

    This should give you a good start.

                                                            spl