Re: XForms: Xforms -interaction and drawings

From: Steve Lamont (spl@szechuan.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 18:15:14 EDT

    > ... Now the interaction with my canvas works
    > pretty well. But I dont know why I cant dram lines over it. For instance,
    > in the previous version of xforms I use :
    > fl_rect(mx-4,my-4,4,4,30) to draw a square arount the point of coordinates
    > mx, my. Now the drawing doesnt appear.

    The fl_* drawing routines are generally designed to work in "proper"
    XForms Objects, rather than Canvas objects, and have a notion of a
    "current window." This is maintained internally XForms.

    You can set the "current window" by using the fl_winset() function.

    You may also need to fiddle with the GC (graphics context) in order to
    match it to your Canvas, in particular if the Canvas has a different
    depth than the Form on which it resides.

    Refer to the manual for proper usage.

                                                            spl