XForms: Threadsafe

From: Paolo Prandini (prandini@spe.it)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 04:51:31 EDT

    I implemented a big program using XForms whose purpose is to control some
    industrial machinery; the same Linux PC running X is also controlling the
    I/O
    (motors, lights, etc).
    I need to show some real time values and alarms in the same window where
    are located the pushbuttons activating the various functions .
    I didn't even think of it, but in fact I designed everything as if
    XForms were threadsafe.
    BUT IT IS NOT! Now I have some mysterious lockups and I traced them to
    this kind of problem.
    The possible solutions are:
    a) rewrite everything with another lib that is threadsafe
    b) fix XForms
    But to fix XForms I need the source code! What about letting me do this
    kind of modification? Or maybe there is a threadsafe version in the works?
    Thanks for any suggestion.
    Paolo Prandini
    prandini@spe.it