R: R: XForms: Threadsafe

From: Paolo Prandini (prandini@spe.it)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 02:54:09 EDT

    Thank you Vince, I have already tried it, but it seems
    that XForms before processing idle functions or IO bound
    callbacks takes its own slice anyway (remember, we can
    go on doing other things but we must wait it to complete)
    and it is simply too slow for my purposes.
    To everybody here: I got many suggestions, but I think
    I tried maybe everything in the last two months that does
    not involve modifying XForms; and then: if I have to
    rewrite everything just to make it work with Xforms, why
    don't simply drop it and write once for the maybe right
    library? The truth is that I am quite fond of Xform.
    Of course new and old ideas are always welcome, but
    if other libraries (gtk?) cared about being threadsafe,
    there must be some reason after all.
    Paolo