Re: XForms: Input

From: T.C. Zhao (tc_zhao@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2000 - 14:25:01 EDT

    Just tried it on linux using DEMOS/inputall
    (pasted a few k lines of junk and things seem to work
    ok).
    I'll look at it on SGI soon.

    BTW, input field is not really meant to be an editor
    as the internal data structure is completely inappropriate
    for large amount of text (the internal buffer is
    a single buffer with no concept of "lines" at that level).
    As the buffer grows large, editing becomes very inefficient.
    Of course the structure also dictates that anything
    that needs to be done on a per-line bases (color a line
    differently, e.g.) is expensive (and a hack). That
    said, hack never stopped me from implementing some
    good features.