XForms: XForms vs. KDE

From: Michal Szymanski (msz@astrouw.edu.pl)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 08:27:55 EDT

    Hi,

    I have an XForms application written for displaying astronomical images.
    Everything works fine with 0.88 version.

    Today my collegue asked me to provide this app to be used on his Linux
    machine (Mandrake 7) which does not have XForms installed. So I compiled
    it with static library libforms.a, copied, checked whether it works via
    network. Seemed OK but he claims it does not work "locally", in KDE
    environment that he uses. I have no experience with KDE whatsoever so
    maybe it is not that easy to run "ordinary" X apps under it?

    Maybe some of you has used XForms under KDE? Any hints would be
    appreciated.

    --
      Michal Szymanski (msz@astrouw.edu.pl)
      Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND