XForms: [Q] FL_IMAGE is present in V0.88?

From: Javier Traver (vtraver@inf.uji.es)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 13:12:39 EDT

    Hi everybody,

    I am completely new to XForms. So, please, sorry if this questions
    sounds silly or too simple ;-(

    I have had a look to the Forms Library manual. I am interested in
    displaying images. It seems that FL_IMAGE (Chapter 22) and the like are
    the best way to do what I do, as it sounds simple. For instance,
    according to page 219 of this manual, this:

    -------------------------------
    FL_IMAGE *image

    if ((image=flimage_read("imagefilename"))
        image->display(image,win);
    -------------------------------

    is ALL that is needed to create an image from a fiel and display it in a
    window. This simplicity is more appealing (at least for me, a newcomer
    to XForms) than the use of Canvases, etc.

    The problem is that when I try to use this, the compiler does not find
    "FL_IMAGE" declared. In fact, it does not appear in "forms.h". What is
    wrong? What I am doing that I shoudn't (or what I am not doing that
    I should?). I've checked the version and revision of the library (for
    Linux) and it is version 0, revision 88.
    (The manual describes V0.89, so, is it possible that images support is
    new to this revision?).

    In the list of demo programs, the manual includes some programs related
    with images, but they are not in the directory DEMO of the XForms in
    our computer. Is this also because our version is not updated?

    Any directions would be welcome.

    Thanks a lot,

    Javi