XForms: X11 SHAPE Extension and Non-Rectangular Windows

From: Richard LaBarca (rlabarca@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 11:48:39 EDT

    Hi all-

    I'm trying to make non-rectangular windows in X - not just round ones
    either, but some very arbitrary shapes. The only thing I've
    found so far that allows this is the SHAPE extension to X11. So I
    have several questions:

    1. Does XForms make use of the SHAPE extension in some way?
    2. If so, how do I go about using it?
    2. If not, is there another way to do non-rectangular windows?
    3. How well is the SHAPE extension supported? Does it work on SGI's?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    thanks in advance
    -Rich LaBarca