XForms: fselector question

From: Hugh Gibson (hugh@mrao.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 12:52:57 EDT

    Greetings XFormers,

    2 Questions:

    1/ Simple question using the File selector (fselector) 'goodie'

    The demo and manual show how one can select a file (read)
    and indeed this works very well.

    However, I have an application where I want to save a file,
    with the name given in the text window.

    The only way I have managed to get anything like this is to create a
    special 'save' button, but I have to specify a fixed file-name, as
    there seems no way to 'hook-out' the text from the fselector filename
    box from the fselector data structure.

        Any help would be appreciated.

    2/ Problem with FDesigner version 0.56 (in XForms 0.89)
         (problem also seen in XForms 0.88)
         Platform: Slackware Linux 3.0.35 Kernel Version 2.0

         When grouping large numbers of objects together FDesign starts to
         get very confused. Windows don't refresh correctly, dismembered
         parts of text hang suspended without frames etc... eventally
         crashing solid.

    I have the fdesign project which caused this kind of problem if people
    are not sure what I mean..

        I have now defaulted to just using groups for radio buttons but it
        would be VERY nice if it all worked. Any hints?

    Hugh Gibson.