Re: XForms: Getting a disabled pixmapbutton stippled.

From: Steve Lamont (spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 11:19:20 EDT

    > In the process of enhancing the toolbar of LyX, I found myself unable
    > to cope with the following problem: when some action becomes
    > impossible for some reason, I'd like to stipple the pixmap
    > additionally to disabling it (to give visual feedback). I guess this
    > can be done with the help of masks. What's a good way of accomplishing
    > this? Does somebody have example code?

    A quick, "shoot from the hip" suggestion -- why not just load a new
    stippled Pixmap? That's probably the most straightforward method.

    Another quick thought -- if you're using Xpm Pixmaps, you might try
    fiddling with the shapemask. You could use a stippled mask.

    There might also be games you can play with the GC (Graphics Context)
    but how you get at the right one would take some digging, I fear.

    These are just quick and dirty ideas. When I get a few minutes to
    play around, I'll see if I can come up with more concrete suggestions.

                                                            spl