Re: XForms: xforms release date for linux sparc glibc2.1

From: Peter S Galbraith (GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 11:03:58 EDT

    Sparc Testers Wanted!

    I have made a sparc glibc2.1 version of XForms 0.89 available at

    ftp://ftp.phys.ocean.dal.ca/users/rhogee/XForms/bxform-0.89-linux-sparc-glibc2.1.tgz

    I have built it similarly to i386 (no Makefile modifications).
    I then unpacked the resulting bxform.tgz and successfully built
    the demos. I could not run them as I was logged into a (very)
    remote machine. I have not tried to build other XForms-based
    applications with it.

    Can someone please test it further?
    If it's built correctly, it can go in the official ftp site (and
    I'll add it to the Debian package).

    (Note that these very late builds would not be a problem if
    XForms were open-source already. It's been over a year since I
    first heard of XForms going open-source. Any news on that
    front?)

    Peter

    --
    Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
    Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada