Re: XForms: Browser question

From: Alan McGuinness (alan.mcguinness@kapookigames.com)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 08:55:15 EDT

    Cheers! The FormBrowser is a bit overkill. I think I can manage
    with the array of pointers. I'm always filling the browser from empty
    and never deleting from it, so as long as I know how many elements I'm
    adding to it, I can allocate the correct sized array.

    Thanks again,
    Al.

    Steve Lamont wrote:

    > > Is there a way that I can associate a struct or pointer to a struct
    > > with a specific line in a browser. ...
    >
    > Not directly but you can attach an array of pointers to the object
    > using the `uv_data' member and use the item number as an index. Of
    > course, if you add and delete lines from the browser, you have to do
    > all of the appropriate bookkeeping yourself. This probably isn't much
    > better (or any less obvious) than simply managing the array yourself.
    >
    > You might also use a Formbrowser, attaching each structure to a form,
    > but that is probably overkill in most cases.
    >
    > spl

    I used to make model snakes when I was younger....
    The feet were the hard part!