XForms: FTP SERVICE INTERRUPTION

From: Steve Lamont (spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 10:00:45 EST

    The main XForms FTP site is currently unavailable -- one of the
    machines on our network was penetrated by a script kiddie.

    Although only one system (not the main server, by the way) seems to
    have been penetrated we have no choice but to assume that all systems
    are corrupted and we are in the process of installing system software
    on our entire network of 22 Unix systems from vendor media.

    The server system has been rebuilt and we expect normal services to be
    reestablished within the next 48 hours or so.

    In the meantime, please see the XForms home page for alternative FTP
    mirror sites.

                                                            spl