Re: XForms: Special Key shortcuts

From: Trent Piepho (xyzzy@speakeasy.org)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 07:46:16 EST

    On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Dario Abatianni wrote:

    > Hmmm ... I sent this reply a lot earlier but it didn't seem to make it to the
    > list. So here I go again :)

    Didn't get it the first time.

    > Some of the keys can't be specified in this way. If there is a string
    > specification for the shortcut, you'll have to use it. I.e. the delete key
    > has to be specified as normal shortcut string. I did this once using

    Hmm, this works for delete and backspace, but not for keys which don't have a
    string specification, like Control_L. Keys like XK_Up and XK_x have string
    specifications, and they also work when supplied with
    fl_set_object_shortcutkey. Something strange is definitely going on here.

    > char delkey[2]={ 127,0 };
    > fl_set_button_shortcut(form->Button,delkey,1);
    >
    > since there was no other way to type ASCII 127 into double quotes. Backspace

    I can just push control-V control-H to get a literal backspace character in my
    program text. This works in many, but probably not all, editors.