Re: XForms: strcmp

From: joel (joel@dabbles-n-doodads.com)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 11:13:33 EST

    >> How about
    >>
    >> if (*string == '\0')....

    Actually, I think this will work fine as long as the string never
    contains uninitialized or garbage data ( which it shouldn't).
    Any function that is returning data for the string will return '\0' if
    the string is empty, so the above should work. In any case, what I was
    doing originally, strcmp(string,NULL), was the wrong thing to do and an
    HPUXism let me get away with it.

    Joel
    (original poster)