Re: XForms: problem with tabfolder->form->x,y

From: Angus Leeming (a.leeming@ic.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 11:36:12 EST

    On Friday 03 November 2000 10:59, Steve Lamont wrote:
    > > I have a dialog containing a nested tabfolder. That is, an outer
    > > tabfolder, each tab of which contains a second (inner) tab folder. On
    > > this inner tab I have a combox (my own object class), which consists of a
    > > label, a button and a new form containing a browser only.
    >
    > The manual specifically states that nested tabfolders may not work
    > properly, so it is a probably bug but it is a documented bug. :-/
    >
    > spl

    Sorry for the long delay getting back to you, but I return with

    * news that this is a bug of tabfolders in general, not limited to nested
    tabfolders as I previously thought.

    * sample code.

    Hope this proves useful and that a work-around can be found!!!!

    Many thanks for your attention,
    Angus

    To trigger the bug
    =============

    Make the attached code and you'll be presented with a dialog containing two
    tabfolders.

    "Folder1" contains a button. "Folder2" contains nothing.
    Press on the button and a new form is displayed unberneath it containing a
    browser.
    Press on the button again and the browser form is hidden.

    All well and good. To trigger the bug:

    Move the dialog with "Folder1" visible and the browser form hidden. Now press
    the button to display the browser. It is displayed, but it's position has not
    been updated. Ie, it no longer appears under the button.

    This occurs because the x,y variables of Folder1's form was not updated when
    the window was moved.

    Clicking on Folder2 and the then returning to Folder1 DOES update these
    variables and all is Ok till the next move.