Re: XForms: memory usage and calloc]

From: Joel (joel@dabbles-n-doodads.com)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 08:36:44 EST

    First I want a quick memory test that can be run from
    Linux as opposed to an offline test. The rest of the
    systems performance is not an issue nor is the fact
    that all of the memory can't be tested. Second
    application is the fact that grabbing memory is a
    system resource hit.

    Thanks

    Joel

    > This all, of course, circumlocutes the real
    question, which is why do
    > you want to do this in the first place. Grabbing
    large chunks of real
    > memory can have serious negative performance
    consequences for the rest
    > of the system. If you're doing some sort of real
    time application,
    > which is about the only justification I can think of
    for this kind of
    > hack, and things are really, really, really
    critical, you may want to
    > consider developing your application under one of
    the real time

    http://bob.usuhs.mil/mailserv/list-archives/