Re: XForms: Problem noifying end of input.

From: Steve Lamont (spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 10 2001 - 10:59:24 EST

    > The effect at the moment if you have a form with a number of input fields and
    > a button which performs a "Done" or "Close" action. When the user inputs some
    > data and then presses the button the callback for that last input is not
    > invoked and the data is lost.
    >
    > It is not intuitive for a user to always press <TAB> or <CR> to complete
    > input into a field as is required at the moment.

    A workaround might involve using a posthandler to detect loss of focus
    on the input field and performing whatever tasks are necessary to deal
    with the input in that way.

    My "fix" is to simply query all the Input fields in a form whenever
    the "Done" button is pressed rather than rely upon the user pressing
    Tab or Return, invoking the callback.

    In fact, I rarely, if ever, use callbacks on Input objects. If I need
    to do input validation, I tend to do it when the "Do it" button is
    clicked rather than annoy the user over a typo prematurely.

                                                            spl