Re: XForms: clarification needed

From: Rouben Rostamian (rostamian@umbc.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 19:46:58 EST

    Thank you, Jan, for your comments on fl_set_form_atclose(). That solves
    my problem, but a question still remains.

    Currently I do:
            fl_set_form_atclose(form, atclose_cb, NULL);

    where atclose_cb() is defined as:

    int atclose_cb(FL_FORM *form, void *data)
    {
            fl_hide_form(form);
            return FL_OK;
    }

    If my understanding is correct, the result of this is that when
    the form is closed through the window manager's "Close" or "Delete"
    action, the effect will be equivalent to fl_hide_form(form).

    Now suppose that I replace atclose_cb() with:

    int atclose_cb(FL_FORM *form, void *data)
    {
            return FL_OK;
    }

    I can still close the window through the window manager. But the
    documentation is not clear on whether XForms considers the result of
    such an action as:

        a) undefined
        b) well-defined and equivalent to fl_hide_form(form);
        c) well-defined and equivalent to fl_free_form(form);
        d) something else?

    Perhaps TC or Steve who have access to the source can clarify
    this, and also adjust the manual to reflect XForms' disposition
    in this regard.

    --
    Rouben Rostamian <rostamian@umbc.edu>