Re: XForms: XForms for ARM Linux

From: Peter S Galbraith (GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 12:30:55 EST

    We've drifting OT here, and into Debian specific stuff. Sorry.

    Jules Bean wrote:

    > On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 11:43:12AM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
    > >
    > > If you get a working Lyx on Arm, built on a new XForms that get
    > > distributed upstream (by T.C. & Steve), then I'll add the Arm
    > > XForms to the Debian package (unstable and eventually woody).
    >
    > Hmm. How does this work? Is the absence of Xforms on some arches
    > holding up the migration of lyx into testing? I get this impression..

    That's not what I meant to say. Only that Debian currently
    doesn't have a libforms0.89 package for Arm, and thus no Lyx
    package either.

    Have you made a Lyx upload since package pools were implemented?
    It's possible that it would get stuck in unstable because of a
    missing build-depends on one of the arches. If that happens,
    you'll need to complain to the ftp archive maintainer, or track
    libforms0.89 Architecture field (currently "i386 powerpc alpha
    m68k sparc").

    Of course a GTK-based Lyx is due sometime, right? Then this will
    be moot too.

    > > Of course, with the eventual Open Source release of XForms, all
    > > this fuss will be moot! ;-)
    >
    > When's that expected? It will make our lives easier, certainly..
    >
    > Jules
    > (Debian LyX maintainer)

    Touchy question that comes up often on this list. I guess `Real
    Life' preoccupations for T.C. are keeping this from happening.

    Peter