Re: XForms: Why xforms?

From: Steve Lamont (spl@ncmir.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 10:22:15 EST

    > > Pass me another pangalacticgargleblaster.
    >
    > I'd be happy to oblige but I'm out of olives at the moment.
    > Sorry.

    Try a slice of lemon wrapped around a large gold brick.

    Oh mighty Zarquon, don't get me started on a Douglas Adams quotefest.
    I have far too much work to do before I leave today.

    Speaking of which, just to put this email every so slightly on topic,
    I'll be away from my lab from March 12 to March 20 or 21, taking the
    first extended time off I've had in 10 years. So withdrawal doesn't
    become too painful, I will be taking my laptop and will be reading
    mail. I just may not answer it with any alacrity.

    BTW, to the poster who has been avoiding Motif since XForms is so easy
    to use -- I came to XForms from Bloatif and never looked back.
    Unfortunately, Java Swing reminds me a lot of Motif and those aren't
    particularly happy memories.

                                                            spl