XForms: version .89 bug: fl_drw_text

From: Keith Tang (keith.tang@marathonelectric.com)
Date: Wed Mar 14 2001 - 11:32:46 EST

    I ran across a minor problem yesterday on an old function I wrote and
    have been using for quite some time. The only thing I could remember
    changing was the xforms library which I change from .88 to .89. I
    switched back to .88 to check if it was version related, and the problem
    went away.

    My function is:

        int WndSlct(char *message, char *buttons)

    WndSlct is used to display a message and present a set of buttons from
    which the user can make a selection. The selection is returned.

    WndSlct determines from the message and button strings how many
    lines are going to be displayed and the size of window needed to
    display the message and buttons. The message may be a multi-line
    message. The lines of the message are displayed using fl_drw_text.

    The routine still works except the second line of text is drawn in the
    parent window rather than the new window. Just for the heck if it,
    I put an fl_check_forms right after the fl_show_form(). This is before
    the text is drawn. With that change, the first line displayed on the
    parent form and the remaining lines displayed on the new form.

    I don't know if this is sufficient information to track down the problem.
    With some work I probably could supply some code to demonstate the
    problem.

    ================

    SECOND UNRELATED PROBLEM

    This may not be an xforms related problem, but it shows up with
    xforms programs. It may be just something like a setup problem
    in the XF86Config file.

    I have a couple of systems which I used the XFree86 4.0 in order
    to achieve compatibility with the video cards. The systems using
    4.0 lose the graphics generated with fl_drw_line and fl_drw_text
    when covered by another window. This does not happen with
    XFree86 3.3.6.

    Can anybody point me in the right direction on where to look for
    the solution?

    Thanks,
    Keith Tang